Parallel Haskell: 2-year project to push real world use

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at
Mon May 3 08:04:14 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Simon Peyton-Jones
<simonpj at>wrote:

> | Does this mean DPH is ready for abuse?
> |
> | The wiki page sounds pretty tentative, but it looks like it's been awhile
> | since it's been updated.
> |

> In truth, nested data parallelism has taken longer than we'd hoped to be
> ready for abuse :-).   We have not lost enthusiasm though -- Manual, Roman,
> Gabi, Ben, and I talk on the phone each week about it.  I think we'll have
> something usable by the end of the summer.

That's very encouraging! I think people (me included) have gotten the
impression that the project ran into problems so challenging that it
stalled. Perhaps a small status update once in a while would give people a
better idea of what's going on. :)