Proposal: priority queues in containers

Milan Straka fox at ucw.cz
Thu Mar 18 18:33:30 EDT 2010

Hi,

> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:39 PM, Milan Straka <fox at ucw.cz> wrote:
> > personally I am against splitting containers. It is a collection of
> > several basic data structures with similar design decisions
> > (reasonably efficient, can be used persistently, decent API).
> > I think these structures should stay together, to have a library of data
> > structures for common usage.
>
> But when turning containers into a meta-package these structures will
> stay together while at the same time allowing people to use and
> upgrade them separately.

If the metapackage stays, then there is probably little difference.
I was under impression you wanted to remove the metapackage and leave
the individual structures as packages (that was my understanding of your
mail).

I would like to have basic data structures connected together. I do not
really mind if the modules are in one library or in several, as long as
I could say "I want 'containers'."

But independently on the form of the containers package, I would like it
to contain a priority queue. Including it to the containers package
seems as a good first step.

Cheers,
Milan