I accidentally the Prelude

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Tue Mar 2 12:45:15 EST 2010

Simon Marlow wrote:
> Oh, the problem here is that... when we got around
> to trying to import it we found that it was not "loaded".
> Perhaps the implicit import of Prelude should be...
> What you wanted to do above was "ghc --make Setup -i"...
> And if we fix the dependency thing, you'll still need to do that,
> because otherwise...

Simon,

Thank you for your incessant focus on making GHC excellent
in every case!

Even so, Prelude does seem to be a special case here,
and in that special case the error message really is bad.
It even confused Josef.

Can't we add something like "(Is there more than one
Prelude in your path?)" to the message for Prelude?
Just in case somehow, somewhere, this does happen
to someone again?

Thanks,
Yitz