Easily generating efficient instances for classes

Christian Hoener zu Siederdissen choener at tbi.univie.ac.at
Tue Mar 2 08:50:19 EST 2010

Thanks everybody for the answers.

Right now, it looks like this:
the indextype is abstracted out and I plan for Data.Ix and my own Data.FastIx (or however to call it).

As I don't plan on creating all instances myself, Neils derive package looks good -- once I
understand it completely; which I need to as I need instances of my own class. Is there a tutorial
on creating instances for own stuff, or should I go by the examples like Functor?

The code in AdaptiveTuple has one advantage: it looks easier to get started producing instances. (No
need to get to know another package).

Btw. it is a bit disappointing (for me) that Data.Ix is almost as fast as my FastIx ;-) (as in: most
people don't care about the difference)

Something else: was there a resource about library naming? otherwise it is going to be
vector-ixtables (someone a better idea?)

Thanks again,
Christian