getting Core Haskell from GHC API with cross-module inlinings

Roman Beslik beroal at ukr.net
Mon Jun 21 21:12:41 EDT 2010

On 21.06.10 21:45, Tim Chevalier wrote:
> Also, I don't know what you're trying to do, but I recommend looking
> at GHC's External Core feature:
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.12.2/html/users_guide/ext-core.html
> and at the extcore and linkcore libraries:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/extcore
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/linkcore

Thanks, Tim. I will look into it.

I'm trying to:
- get source code on different stages of processing in GHC;
- dig to the GHC function which is responsible for some alteration in a
source code.
It is hard to trace a link between source code appearing as values in
GHC functions and what "-ddump-simpl" outputs. And I guess that
"-ddump-simpl" provides too coarse control of source code processing. So
I try to call GHC functions directly. It is important that source code
processing in GHC and libraries you mentioned (and the "ghc" library)
should be identical.

--
Best regards,
   Roman Beslik.