Modules and their explicit export lists (are an annoyance)

Albert Y. C. Lai trebla at vex.net
Sat Jun 19 16:28:43 EDT 2010

I write an export list because I want to help Haddock. It suffices to
export a constructor with (..) for this, if I intend to.

How much to export is always politics, bargaining, negotiation, social
dynamics. There will always be someone annoyed. Exporting too much
reduces annoyance now by re-paying for annoyance plus interest in future
when an exported item will be withdrawn or visibly changed.

Discuss with the authors if you believe that more should be exported.