Massive slowdown in mwc-random after switching to use of primitive package

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at
Mon Jul 12 05:40:51 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Simon Peyton-Jones
<simonpj at>wrote:

> Well, fewer dependencies make it much easier to test and reproduce.  But
> something concrete is certainly better than nothing.  Please submit a Trac
> ticket.  (Worth checking with Roman -- perhaps he already has?)

I can probably cook up a smaller repro than Dan, since I depend on neither
package for a standalone test case. Let me get cracking on it promptly, and
I'll file a ticket later.