cross-compiling ghc to openbsd

Nicolas Martyanoff khaelin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 15:42:27 EST 2010

On 10-01-29 11:54, Donn Cave wrote:
> Quoth Nicolas Martyanoff <khaelin at gmail.com>,
> > The latest fails, with the following trace:
> >     http://pastebin.ca/1770926
>
> Can you look at the include files, at the locations where all these
> errors crop up?  like,
>   includes/stg/Types.h:118: error: syntax error before '*' token
>
> This probably means some type identifier used at that point hasn't
> been declared, or macro defined or whatever.  You'd have to see
> what it is, and maybe it will be more obvious what went wrong.
It seems that SIZEOF_VOID_P isn't defined anywhere.

> But of course Matthias is right, the configuration of build and
> target hosts you propose to use probably isn't going to work.  The
> idea is that you do this configure step on the OpenBSD host, right?
> and then transplant this configuration (a couple of .h files, etc.)
> to the build host and proceed to build the .hc files.  That means
> the build host has to be a lot like the target host, or that build
> will be radically misconfigured.  Same hardware architecture, at a
> minimum.

All right, I'll try again with the last darcs version when I get access to a
i386 Linux machine.
In the mean time, I'll try to run a GHC 6.6 -> 6.10 -> 6.12 build chain, 6.6
being the latest version available in OpenBSD's ports.

Thank you for your help !

Regards,

--
Nicolas Martyanoff