Where did the GHC API go?

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 15:15:03 EST 2010

Hi,

As a suggestion to stop this issue repeating, why not have the latest
URL be an automatic and visible forward to the stable and guaranteed
URL? (I can't remember the HTTP code, but I think it's permanent
redirect) That way people are less likely to see these "unstable"
URL's in their web browser, copy them, and have them end up all over
the place. I think Google will also avoid indexing them at the latest
URL.

As it happens, I've put in another timebomb into Hoogle by linking to
http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/base-4.2.0.0/Prelude.html#v:filter
- the very URL Ian said the docs had moved to (but is again unstable
and not guaranteed in the long term). Having the URL redirection would
have avoided that mistake. (I'll fix Hoogle as well though)

Thanks, Neil