integer-simple by default

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Mon Feb 22 17:46:34 EST 2010

I think it would be great to have a benchmark, to test Integer
performance at various implementations.  Perhaps it could test speed of
Int, Int64, Int32 as well (for computations that fit within them).  I
suppose tight numeric loops are key to measuring performance in a useful
way (except for incredibly larger Integers).  Are there existing
benchmarks?  (If not, is there a good benchmarking library that I ought
to use if I try to write a benchmark?)

On 02/22/10 15:15, Greg Fitzgerald wrote:
> More data points:

Thanks!
Code re-use is nice (if we can use one of those BSD-licensed versions) ;
although it may turn out useful to write our Integer implementation in
Haskell if it helps the optimizer out with small-valued Integers.

-Isaac