GHC FFI stub files

Tyson Whitehead twhitehead at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 23:46:11 EST 2010

I'm writing a perl module that interfaces some haskell code and its a bit of a
pain because both perl and ghc have their own custom build system.

Is there a way to get ghc to give you the gcc/as/ld options (library paths,
include paths, flags, etc) required for the FFI stub files it generates?

The best I've come up with so far is to extract them from GHC by telling it to
use a "capture the arguments" command as the compiler and linker.

Thanks!  -Tyson

(I could also tell the perl build system that ghc is c compiler, assembler,
and linker, but then I need to do a bunch of wrapping with -optc and friends)