Fwd: Still causes segfault.

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 08:19:01 EST 2010

On 05/02/2010 17:51, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva wrote:
> --- Begin forwarded message from Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva ---
> From: Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva<marcot at riseup.net>
> To: 557185<557185 at bugs.debian.org>
> Cc: debian-haskell<debian-haskell at lists.debian.org>, glasgow-haskell-users<glasgow-haskell-users at lists.debian.org>
> Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 15:26:51 -0200
> Subject: Still causes segfault.
>
> Hi.
>
> I just tested building ghc6-6.12.1-4_powerpc with a registered build, that is,
> without those lines from debian/rules that make an unregistered build, and got
> a segfault just after running inplace/bin/ghc-stage2 --interactive.
>
> Just confirming that this bug is still present in this version.

Any PowerPC hackers out there want to take a look at this?  It would be
a shame if GHC was fatally broken on PowerPC due to some small or easily
fixable bug.  The only reason we don't support PowerPC is lack of
resources, but we're more than happy to provide help/advice to anyone
who wants to work on PowerPC support.