Template Haskell pattern quotations

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Feb 4 11:35:12 EST 2010

| If I understand Brad correctly, then what he needs is what he called
| pattern quotation rather than splicing.
|
| Is there a problem with adding support for pattern brackets on the
| right-hand side of function definitions in order to simplify the
| definition of quasi quoters?

Oh, thank you for clarifying. I'd totally missed that.

No, there's no problem at all with pattern quotes. (I've just done the work and it took 10 mins.) I'm already messing with the TH stuff in pursuit of the quasi-quote changes I advertised, so I'll commit it at the same time.  That is

	TH pattern quotes will work
	but TH pattern splices will continue not to exist

Thanks for sorting out my misunderstanding.