Quasi quoting

Sebastian Fischer sebf at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Wed Feb 3 18:28:45 EST 2010

On Feb 3, 2010, at 6:13 PM, Max Bolingbroke wrote:

>> With a class-based approach only one parser that creates values of
>> the same
>> type could be used in a program.
> This is not the case, because you still have an instance "Quoted
> String". Then you can write:
> $(myLang [|..|])
> Where myLang :: String -> Q Exp

Ah, you're right. I find an  instance Quoted String  a little
confusing and would probably write  $(myLang "..")  instead. Hmm, this
is more complicated if the string contains line breaks and  [|..|]
would be an alternative string literal syntax where line breaks don't
need to be escaped.

Underestimating the novelty of the future is a time-honored tradition.