Quasi quoting

Max Bolingbroke batterseapower at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 2 11:25:36 EST 2010

2010/2/2 Isaac Dupree <ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org>:
> I'm concerned in both your proposals, that single-letter names like "t" and
> "d" are common function parameters, thus possibly producing
> - shadowing warnings for all such functions in modules that happen to use TH
> - errors, I think, for some uses of TH inside such functions (either the
> function parameters must be renamed, or the TH splice module-qualified)

Yes, this is certainly an annoyance :-). However, we didn't have
backcompat high up the list of priorities with these proposals -
instead we wanted to look at how TH and QQ might be redesigned to work
together a bit more neatly if we were starting with a clean slate
today.

You can of course choose more expressive names than "e" and "t" if
you're going to break backcompat anyway,

Cheers,
Max