ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.0.2 Release Candidate 1

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at
Fri Dec 17 08:59:05 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Ian Lynagh <igloo at> wrote:
> We are pleased to announce the first release candidate for GHC 7.0.2:
> This includes the source tarball, installers for OS X and Windows, and
> bindists for amd64/Linux, i386/Linux, amd64/FreeBSD and i386/FreeBSD.
> Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
> before the release!
> Thanks
> Ian, on behalf of the GHC team
> Glasgow-haskell-users at

I get the following error while configuring:

bas at hfd:~/download$ wget
bas at hfd:~/download$ tar -xf ghc-
bas at hfd:~/download$ cd ghc-
bas at hfd:~/download/ghc-$ ./configure
checking for path to top of build tree... ./configure: line 1686:
utils/ghc-pwd/dist/build/tmp/ghc-pwd: cannot execute binary file
configure: error: cannot determine current directory