New codegen failing test-cases

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 9 05:42:03 CET 2010

Final status report for tonight, before I crash in bed;
I've managed to make it compile all the way to hoopl.
It seems like hoopl doesn't typecheck anymore? I haven't
been following the typechecker changes too closely so
some guidance would be appreciated.

libraries/hoopl/src/Compiler/Hoopl/Util.hs:190:37:
    Could not deduce (e ~ block C C)
      from the context (NonLocal block, LabelsPtr e)
      `e' is a rigid type variable bound by
          the type signature for `postorder_dfs_from_except'
            at libraries/hoopl/src/Compiler/Hoopl/Util.hs:179:43
    In the first argument of `get_children', namely `block'
    In the first argument of `vchildren', namely `(get_children block)'
    In the expression:
      vchildren (get_children block) cont' acc (setInsert id visited)

libraries/hoopl/src/Compiler/Hoopl/Util.hs:220:41:
    Could not deduce (e ~ block C C)
      from the context (NonLocal block, LabelsPtr e)
      `e' is a rigid type variable bound by
          the type signature for `preorder_dfs_from_except'
            at libraries/hoopl/src/Compiler/Hoopl/Util.hs:217:42
    In the first argument of `get_children', namely `b'
    In the first argument of `children', namely `(get_children b)'
    In the first argument of `unVM', namely
      `(children (get_children b))'

libraries/hoopl/src/Compiler/Hoopl/Util.hs:256:45:
    Couldn't match type `O' with `C'
    In the first argument of `addTargets', namely `b'
    In the expression: addTargets b setEmpty
    In an equation for `entryTargets':
        entryTargets (JustO b) = addTargets b setEmpty
make[1]: *** [libraries/hoopl/dist-install/build/Compiler/Hoopl/Util.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Cheers,
Edward