__emutls_get_address link problem

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Thu Aug 26 05:08:20 EDT 2010

scooter.phd at gmail.com schrieb:
> Christian:
>
> Is it possible that you might have code compiled with an older version of ghc lying around in an odd place in your build hierarchy? I would imagine that you upgraded cabal-installed packages. If for some reason you copied or used rsync to replicate a directory tree onto the older machine, then that would explain why you are seeing these difficulties.

No, I had a plan link error, that I resolved by supplying a (gcc)
library that  contained the missing symbol.

I was hoping, that it was a configure issue (during compilation of ghc
or during installation of a binary ghc distribution), but it does not
look like it.

I will not sell my hack. I just wanted to avoid to install a newer gcc
or build an extra binary distribution (for that old sparc).

Thanks for any feedback
Christian