Default value for numCapabilities?

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 22:02:08 EDT 2010

Hi,

Interesting: my program is compiled with -threaded, and when I run it
with +RTS -N I get:

<program name>: forking not supported with +RTS -N<n> greater than 1

This is probably about forkProcess rather than forkIO/forkOS, but why
this limitation? rawSystem works fine from within a thread started by
forkIO, but why cannot I use forkProcess?

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web