Default value for numCapabilities?

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 12:50:35 EDT 2010

Bulat,

All I need is to know how many cores I have. In my program, I can run
some actions in parallel, and knowing the number of cores helps set
the maximum number of parallel processes. These processes are in fact
external programs (CPU-intensive but not memory intensive, so number
of cores is main factor) rather than GHC threads.

I think I just need to check this experimentally as I have a 4-core
(Atom) and 1-core (Via) PCs and see what numCapabilities returns.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web