Can't install Criterion package on ghc ..

Mozhgan kabiri mozhgan.kabiri at
Tue Apr 13 08:46:00 EDT 2010

I am trying to install Criterion package, but I keep getting an error and I
can't figure it out why it is like this !!

mozhgan at Mozhgan-KCh:~$ cabal install Criterion
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring vector-algorithms-0.3...
Preprocessing library vector-algorithms-0.3...
Building vector-algorithms-0.3...
[1 of 9] Compiling Data.Vector.Algorithms.Common (
Data/Vector/Algorithms/Common.hs, dist/build/Data/Vector/Algorithms/Common.o
[2 of 9] Compiling Data.Vector.Algorithms.Search (
Data/Vector/Algorithms/Search.hs, dist/build/Data/Vector/Algorithms/Search.o
[3 of 9] Compiling Data.Vector.Algorithms.Radix (
Data/Vector/Algorithms/Radix.hs, dist/build/Data/Vector/Algorithms/Radix.o )
[4 of 9] Compiling Data.Vector.Algorithms.Optimal (
dist/build/Data/Vector/Algorithms/Optimal.o )
[5 of 9] Compiling Data.Vector.Algorithms.Insertion (
dist/build/Data/Vector/Algorithms/Insertion.o )
[6 of 9] Compiling Data.Vector.Algorithms.Merge (
Data/Vector/Algorithms/Merge.hs, dist/build/Data/Vector/Algorithms/Merge.o )
[7 of 9] Compiling Data.Vector.Algorithms.TriHeap (
dist/build/Data/Vector/Algorithms/TriHeap.o )
[8 of 9] Compiling Data.Vector.Algorithms.Intro (
Data/Vector/Algorithms/Intro.hs, dist/build/Data/Vector/Algorithms/Intro.o )
ghc: panic! (the 'impossible' happened)
  (GHC version 6.10.4 for i386-unknown-linux):
    idInfo co{v a9WB} [tv]

Please report this as a GHC bug:

criterion- depends on vector-algorithms-0.3 which failed to install.
statistics- depends on vector-algorithms-0.3 which failed to install.
vector-algorithms-0.3 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
exit: ExitFailure 1

I tried to install Statistics and vector-algorithms package separately
before installing the Criterion package itself .. but it wasn't successful.