Literate files in the GHC source

Tyson Whitehead twhitehead at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 12:38:01 EDT 2010

I'm just wondering how exactly are the literate files in the GHC source suppose
to be treated.  I would like to read some of the documentation.

The presence of various latex commands such as subsection strongly suggests
they are done in latex.  Running pdflatex, however, doesn't work.  Nor does
created a wrapper latex file to define the document class, the code environment,
etc., as it then bombs out on such things as non-escaped '#'s.

I searched around on the Internet and mailing list archives didn't seem to find
anything.  If I had to guess, I would suspect it started as actually latex
documentation, but has fallen into a state of disrepair.  Is this correct?

Thanks!  -Tyson