Advice on Multiple GHC installations

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Tue Apr 13 11:30:55 EDT 2010

On 2010-04-13 15:08, Dave Bayer wrote:
> Why not just use symbolic links?

When using stow I am just using symbolic links (and directories), except
that I don't need to create them all manually, and I can remove all of
them with a single command. I don't need to modify my PATH.

> I only believe in scattering program parts through
> /usr/local/[bin,lib,doc] if I believe they will work, will never need
> upgrading for the life of my OS [...]

When using stow you can easily uninstall things: just use "stow -D" to
remove the symbolic links (and directories which only contain such
links), and then you can delete the single directory which contains all
the files.

--
/NAD