Encountered absent arg

Louis Wasserman wasserman.louis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 19:23:30 EDT 2010

Yo,

I didn't find many references to this on Google except a 2001 message saying
"Send this problem to us!"  I don't know what's changed since then, so I'll
poke the list:

I compiled my code with -fdicts-strict.  (Why is this not a mainstream
thing?  It eliminates gratuitous polymorphism overhead, which is one of my
biggest sources of angst!)  Looking at ghc-core, my code appears to
*always* give
the exception "Oops!  Entered absent arg ww_s9eC{v} [lid]
<pred>main:Data.Algebra.Ring.Ring{tc r2tU} c{tv a8Os} [tv]"

Is this typical?  Where should I send this?

Louis Wasserman
wasserman.louis at gmail.com
http://profiles.google.com/wasserman.louis