How to solve ghc-stage2: mkTextEncoding: invalid argument (Invalid argument) issue.

Matthias Kilian kili at outback.escape.de
Wed Sep 16 05:35:06 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:23:58AM +0200, Karel Gardas wrote:
> Before going to trace anything I've compared sparky and my setup and it
> seems I've had forgotten libiconv library in /usr/local/lib and
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH contained this lib. So I've modified LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
> exclude /usr/local/lib and now surprisingly base configure fails with:
>
> checking for library containing iconv... no
> configure: error: iconv is required on non-Windows platforms
> make[1]: *** [libraries/base/dist-install/package-data.mk] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Running the build bot with

ICONV_INCLUDE_DIRS=/usr/local/include
ICONV_LIB_DIRS=/usr/local/lib

in the environment fixes the iconv problems, at least on OpenBSD.
(I need some more environment tweaks but that's really related to
my OS)

Ciao,
	Kili

--
Manch Massenmörder macht auch immer mal gern einen Abstecher.
		-- Dieter Brügmann in dtjd, 20.2.2001