[Fwd: Re: [Gtk2hs-devel] Help with build on Alpha]

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 05:42:17 EDT 2009

On 18/10/2009 23:03, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 16:01 -0200, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I sent a mail to gtk2hs-devel about this bug, and I'm forwarding it's
>> response to here.
>
> This limitation might be different now that ghc is using libffi.

Wow, that's an ancient error message on an architecture I haven't used
in over 10 years :-)

It looks like we're not using libffi on Alpha at the moment.  If someone
with an Alpha would like to try building GHC with
UseLibFFIForAdjustors=YES in mk/build.mk and test whether it works, we
could change it over.