[Fwd: Re: [Gtk2hs-devel] Help with build on Alpha]

Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva marcot at riseup.net
Sun Oct 18 14:01:12 EDT 2009

Hi.

I sent a mail to gtk2hs-devel about this bug, and I'm forwarding it's
response to here.

Greetings.

-------- Mensagem encaminhada --------
De: Axel Simon <Axel.Simon at ens.fr>

(...)
On Sep 27, 2009, at 18:02, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva wrote:
(...)
> I don't have a clue about this bug:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=540879 .  Do you have
> any idea about what could be causing this?
(...)
This is a limitation of ghc. So you should ask the ghc people if they
can fix this. Then we could think of a work-around. But the only
workaround there is is not to bind functions that are affected by the
limitation. That would pretty much rule out all modules in ModelView/
which is a rather important part of Gtk2Hs.
(...)

--
marcot
http://marcot.iaaeee.org/