Should ghci understand this pthread library?

Maurí­cio CA mauricio.antunes at
Mon Oct 12 20:21:15 EDT 2009

After using ghci to load a library I'm working in, I got this

   can't load .so/.DLL for: pthread (/usr/lib/
   invalid ELF header)

Then I did 'cat /usr/lib/' and, much to my surprise,
it's a text file with the following contents:

   /* GNU ld script
      Use the shared library, but some functions are only in
      the static library, so try that secondarily.  */
   GROUP ( /lib/ /usr/lib/libpthread_nonshared.a )

Is this a standard file? Should ghci be able to understand it and,
maybe, use the listed libraries instead?