haddock problem. Was: ANNOUNCE: GHC 6.12.1 Release Candidate 1

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 12 18:19:24 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 18:43 +0200, Christian Maeder wrote:

> P.S. I wonder why "Registering" is done twice

It's Cabal's fault. It's a new feature to let components within a
package depend on each other. To do that it needs to register the lib
into a local inplace package db. At the moment it's always doing it,
even when it's not strictly necessary. At some point we'll probably tidy
that up so that it only does so when it's needed. On the other hand,
always doing so during the testing phase has already caught a couple
configuration bugs so I'm not in any great rush to add the optimisation.

Duncan