Snow Leopard GHC

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 11:12:28 EDT 2009

On 08/10/2009 15:07, Barney Stratford wrote:
>> So which compiler is generating the bogus code here?  Is this the
>> stage1 x86-64 compiler, or the i386 compiler?
> It's the stage1 x86_64 compiler. The problem here is that
> 37590000000000174587920 doesn't even fit into 64 bits, hence the
> assembler's complaint.

Yes, I see that.  GHC keeps these values as Integers internally, so it's
possible that some misconfiguration has caused it to produce a values
that's out of range, although I agree that the fact that it is bigger
than even 2^64 is quite suspicious.

I suggest dumping out some intermediate code, e.g. -dppr-cmm
-dppr-opt-cmm.  If that fails to narrow it down, then you may need to
add some debug traces the native code generator to find out where these
values are coming from.