baffling manual sections

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at
Wed May 20 08:23:58 EDT 2009

|   I'm a little puzzled by these seeming duplicate pages in the
|   manual:
| extensions.html

The former is garbage. It's part of an *earlier* iteration of the HEAD user manual, left around by mistake.

|   They give slightly different section numbers to similar stuff.
|   The former page also has a curious discussion of standalone
|   deriving with a `for` keyword:
| extensions.html#stand-alone-deriving

Same problem.  Standalone deriving is described here

The best thing is to start from the user guide root
(which, incidentally, is the user guide for HEAD, not 6.10), and follow links from there.  Simon is removing the earlier droppings.