[johan.tibell@gmail.com: [Haskell-cafe] Heads up: Conflicting versions of network-2.2.1]

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sun May 10 23:55:11 EDT 2009

----- Forwarded message from Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at gmail.com> -----

Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 19:23:20 +0200
From: Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at gmail.com>
To: haskell-cafe <haskell-cafe at haskell.org>
Subject: [Haskell-cafe] Heads up: Conflicting versions of network-2.2.1

Hi,

The version of network-2.2.1 that shipped with GHC 6.10 differs from the one on
Hackage [1]. The version that was released with GHC was never uploaded to
Hackage and was never tagged in the darcs repository. When making a new release
of network I forgot to check the version number on the version of network that
shipped with GHC. My appologies. If you want the API additions that are present
in network-2.2.1 on Hackage use network-2.2.1.1 instead to make sure that e.g.
cabal-install doesn't use the version of network that comes with GHC.

In the future there won't be any releases directly from the darcs repo. All
releases will be made on Hackage to later be picked up by the Haskell Platform.

Cheers,

Johan

1. http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/network-2.2.1