runhaskell a parallel program

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at
Thu May 7 13:12:43 EDT 2009

On May 7, 2009, at 06:27 , Neil Mitchell wrote:
>>> If however I run it with runhaskell Test.hs +RTS -N2 I get told the
>>> -N2 flag isn't supported. Is there a way to runhaskell a program on
>> As a workaround you could use 'ghc -e main foo.hs +RTS -N2'.
> That works great :-) Perhaps this trick should be documented? I
> thought runhaskell was just sugar over ghc -e, so couldn't it share
> the same mechanism?

I think the problem is that runhaskell invokes the runghc executable
in the GHC libdir, which is itself a non-threaded Haskell program and
therefore consumes the RTS options.

brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allbery at
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at