runhaskell a parallel program

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu May 7 09:42:01 EDT 2009

Hello Simon,

>> my own program creates a lot of parallel threads without using -N
>>
>> the secret is using of forkOS plus C code in threads. since you
>> spend time in system calls this should also work for you

> Are you sure you need forkOS, and not just forkIO?  Why?

well, 4 years ago or so i discovered that my program can perform
compression (C) threads simultaneously only if i use forkOS. i don't
tried to jump to forkIO later

... just recompiled program with forkIO - it still works. at least on
this quad-core cpu. so it was just my laziness, sorry for all those
4-year noise :(

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com