runhaskell a parallel program

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at
Wed May 6 12:19:47 EDT 2009

I've got a program which I'd like to run on multiple threads. If I
compile it with ghc --make -threaded, then run with +RTS -N2 it runs
on 2 cores very nicely.

If however I run it with runhaskell Test.hs +RTS -N2 I get told the
-N2 flag isn't supported. Is there a way to runhaskell a program on
multiple cores? Is this a bug that it doesn't work, a feature request
I'm making, or is there some trick to getting it working I haven't
thought of? I'll raise a bug report if that turns out to be the right