Problems with Network.Socket.getAddrInfo under MacOS 10.5, GHC 6.10.2?

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at
Mon May 4 14:20:48 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Neil Davies <
semanticphilosopher at> wrote:

> It does not appear that you can access the 'addrFlags' returned by
> getAddrInfo, you get the exception: *** Exception: unpackBits: unhandled
> bits set: 8

> Is this just a MacOS issue? Should I raise a ticket for it?

It's presumably Mac-specific, but yes, please file a ticket and I'll take a
look. File it against the network package, not GHC itself.