Linking and constants problems with OpenAL under Windows

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Sat May 2 08:43:50 EDT 2009

Am Sonntag, 15. Februar 2009 08:32:59 schrieb Jared:
> The OpenAL binding's wiki page directs questions to Haskell-Cafe, but the
> more serious of my problems seems to be with GHC.  My platform is GHC
> 6.10.1 under Windows XP.  This post boils down to two questions.  First,
> why would GHCi and GHC look for different symbol names when linking, and
> second, has anybody had any success working with the OpenAL binding on
> Windows? [...]

I've just released a new version of the OpenAL package on Hackage. That one
and the previous release fixed two things which might be related to your
problems (calling convention and #including headers when checking for constant
values). Could you please give the new version a try and report the results?
If things go wrong, a full transcript of the configuration stage and the
generated config.log file would be very helpful.

Cheers,
   S.