A patch to fix getNumberOfProcessors() on OS X

Austin Seipp mad.one at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 17:13:06 EDT 2009

(Tried sending to cvs-ghc, said it was blocked for moderation because
it matched a certain pattern...)

Hello,

I have a patch to fix the runtime system's getNumberOfProcessors()
function to work properly on OS X and detect the number of CPUs.

However, when I run validate, these are the final results:

OVERALL SUMMARY for test run started at Tue Mar 17 21:34:36 CDT 2009
    2318 total tests, which gave rise to
    8661 test cases, of which
       0 caused framework failures
    6662 were skipped

    1923 expected passes
      74 expected failures
       1 unexpected passes
       1 unexpected failures

Unexpected passes:
   hpc_ghc_ghci(normal)

Unexpected failures:
   break017(ghci)

Are these to be expected on OS X, or did my patch really break
something?

Patch is attached.

Austin