Unable to compile ghc from darcs

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 29 10:29:43 EDT 2009

I was getting errors somewhere in haddock about some ambiguous
function, so I did a darcs pull to see if that would pull in a fix for
the problem (unfortunately I didn't make a note of the errors).

But now the compile fails earlier with errors in deSugar/DsMeta.hs:

deSugar/DsMeta.hs:471:48:
    Not in scope: type constructor or class `TH.InlineSpecQ'

deSugar/DsMeta.hs:504:16:
    Not in scope: type constructor or class `TH.TyVarBndr'

deSugar/DsMeta.hs:538:50:
    Not in scope: type constructor or class `TH.TyVarBndr'

deSugar/DsMeta.hs:640:29:
    Not in scope: type constructor or class `TH.Kind'

etc.

Is the code in darcs supposed to be compilable normally?

And what can I do about such situations? Just report them here?
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire