compilation of pattern-matching?

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Wed Mar 25 14:41:24 EDT 2009

When you tried switching Nil and Cons, did you try it on many examples?
For a single example a 2-3% could be easily attributed to random
effects like different instruction cache hit patterns.  If you get it
consistently over several programs then it seems likely to mean
something, but I'm not sure what.