Problem with a second installed version of the syb package

José Pedro Magalhães jpm at
Wed Mar 25 10:43:42 EDT 2009

Hello Ian,

2009/3/25 Ian Lynagh <igloo at>

> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:53:19AM +0100, José Pedro Magalhães wrote:
> >
> >     Bad interface file: C:\Program Files
> > (x86)\Haskell\syb-\ghc-\Data\Generics.hi
> >         Something is amiss; requested module  syb:Data.Generics differs
> from
> > name found in the interface file syb-
> > Failed, modules loaded: none.
> >
> > ghc --show-iface "C:\Program Files
> > (x86)\Haskell\syb-\ghc-\Data\Generics.hi" says:
> >
> > interface syb- 610120090314
> It looks like this was built with -package-name syb-, but it
> should be built with -package-name syb. There should be
>    ghc-options: -package-name syb
> in the .cabal file to make this happen.

Yes, that works, thanks. I thought this problem was caused by having the syb
package unversioned in the GHC repo, and I also thought that that had
changed, but now I see that the flag -package-name syb is still there. Would
you know if this necessary for some reason?