ANNOUNCE: GHC 6.10.2 Release Candidate 1

Lennart Kolmodin kolmodin at
Mon Mar 16 03:34:12 EDT 2009

Ian Lynagh wrote:
> We are pleased to announce the first release candidate for GHC 6.10.2:
> This includes two source bundles:
>     ghc-
>     ghc-

This release candidate is also available for testing purposes through
the gentoo haskell overlay.

You can use the overlay either through layman (overlay called haskell)
or by yourself a la old school, PORTDIR_OVERLAY in make.conf.

We don't yet have any ebuilds for the extralibs.

GHC is hard masked, meaning only available for testing purposes, use
caution :)

 $ echo dev-lang/ghc >> /etc/portage/package.unmask

It's also keyworded ~amd64 ~x86, meaning you'll have to allow
potentially unstable packages:

 $ echo dev-lang/ghc >> /etc/portage/package.keywords

Last but not least, the ebuild does not provide any bootstrapping binary
to compile ghc, so you need to already have a version of ghc installed
to bootstrap with. Then emerge with

 $ USE="ghcbootstrap -binary" emerge dev-lang/ghc

Please report any issues in #gentoo-haskell @ freenode.

  Lennart Kolmodin -- Gentoo Dev