Bug in deriving Data Typeable?

José Pedro Magalhães jpm at cs.uu.nl
Thu Mar 12 09:30:52 EDT 2009

Hi Bernd,

I guess this might be the same issue reported some time ago (
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.generics/53/focus=54): the
derived instances of Data do not define dataCast1. If you define your own
instance of Data for MyMaybe and add the definition of dataCast1 you will
get the expected behavior.

Cheers,
Pedro