Cygwin version

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at
Mon Mar 9 08:41:33 EDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-08 at 12:29 +0000, Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> I want a _real_ cygwin version of darcs. The non-deterministic
> pseudo-cygwin *nix/Windows hybrid currently available has just
> too many problems integrating into cygwin, that I want to use as
> my TeXing and minor coding environment. A real cygwin version
> of darcs would seem to depend on a real cygwin version of GHC.
> Is there any easy way to compile one? Otherwise I may have to
> abandon darcs (and Haskell software in general) for Mercurial.
> (Thanks to the over-bearing cabal and resulting hsc2hs etc.
> build problems with conventional Makefiles, I have already
> pretty much already abandoned my own Haskell projects.)

Yes we did introduce a problem with hsc2hs in the most recent ghc
release and I'm sorry about that. Just in case you're interested
however, the fix for your makefiles is to add two flags:

hsc2hs --cc=ghc --ld=ghc

That should work with any version of hsc2hs and it gives the behaviour
of the older hsc2hs versions that came with older ghc releases.