a possibility to redefine built-in GHCi commands

Peter Hercek phercek at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 11:04:33 EST 2009

Hi GHCi users,

I would like to be able to redefine the built-in GHCi commands. The idea
is that when searching for a command the user defined commands would be
searched first and only then the built-in commands would be searched. If
  user wants to invoke a built-in command regardless of user defined
commands he/she would need to start it with two colons (instead of one).

It is an user interface change which may break some scripts, but it
would allow to provide different default behavior.
For example:
* when I use GhciExt I want all my ":continue" commands to be actually
":x :continue"
* it would allow to specify different order of searching for abbreviated
commands as the default one
* it would allow to specify different default switches for builtin commands

Would such a change be merged upstream if I would provide a patch?

Peter.