Fwd: exposing hidden packages with runghc

Iain Barnett iainspeed at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 19:11:44 EDT 2009

I think I posted this to the wrong list (libraries), so I've forwarded it
here.
----

I'm trying to install HTTP-3000.0.0 (because I don't have cabal-install, and
it's a dependency for cabal-install 0.4.9)

This is on a Debian 5.1 machine with GHC 6.8.2 and 6.8.3 on it.

The command:
sudo runghc Setup configure -p && sudo runghc Setup build && sudo runghc
Setup install

The error:
Could not find module `Data.Array.MArray':
      it is a member of package array-0.1.0.0, which is hidden

ghc-pkg does list the hidden package.

I've seen other threads on this "hiding" problem and searched through the
GHC user guide, but I haven't actually found a solution, just explanation.
I've tried sending the -package flag through to GHC by adding it to the
runghc command, but I'm not doing this right, obviously.

Would someone be able to point me in the right direction? It would be much
appreciated.

Iain