Proposal: Deprecate ExistentialQuantification

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Sat Jun 27 14:55:30 EDT 2009

> I would hereby like to propose that the
> ExistentialQuantification extension is deprecated.

It is worth pointing out that all current Haskell implementations (to
my knowledge) have ExistentialQuantification, whilst there is only one
Haskell implementation that has the proposed replacement feature, GADTs.

Of course, that in itself is not an argument to avoid desirable change
to the language, but it is one factor to consider.

Regards,
     Malcolm