[Fwd: OSX installer -- first draft]

David Menendez dave at zednenem.com
Wed Jun 3 15:59:07 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 5:38 AM, Duncan Coutts
<duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> OSX users,
>
> please could you try out Gregory's Haskell Platform package below and
> send commentary to the platform list, or file tickets in the platform
> trac, that'd be great.
> http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/newticket?component=OSX%20installer

Is this a universal binary, or Intel-only?

> The plan is that for ghc-6.12 and onwards, that this will be the primary
> way that end-users get their Haskell goodness on OSX, so it's important
> that you provide feedback now so that we can get the thing working
> nicely and try to make everyone happy.

Will there be some integration with the existing distribution schemes
for Mac OS X (fink and macports), or are end users expected to use
cabal install?

--
Dave Menendez <dave at zednenem.com>
<http://www.eyrie.org/~zednenem/>