buildFdSets: file descriptor out of range

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at
Wed Jul 15 02:12:59 EDT 2009

On Jul 15, 2009, at 00:42 , Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) wrote:
> I don't believe my server receives 1024 connections at once. So, I
> guess
> file descriptors leak.

IIRC finalization of file handles is delayed, so there is effectively
a leak in the runtime where unused file descriptors don't get freed
until the Handle itself is garbage collected due to memory (i.e. the
runtime makes no attempt to collect unreferenced file handles per se).

brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allbery at
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at