new build system build fails on Solaris/x86

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Wed Jan 28 12:22:08 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 07:16:31PM +0100, Karel Gardas wrote:

> cd libffi && patch -p0 < libffi.dllize-3.0.6.patch
>   Looks like a unified context diff.
> Hunk #5 failed at line 344.
> Hunk #6 failed at line 165.
> Hunk #7 failed at line 33.
> 3 out of 7 hunks failed: saving rejects to build/include/ffi.h.in.rej
>   The next patch looks like a unified context diff.
> Hunk #2 failed at line 66.
> Hunk #3 failed at line 26.
> 2 out of 3 hunks failed: saving rejects to build/include/ffi_common.h.rej
> done
> gmake[1]: *** [libffi/stamp.ffi.configure] Error 1
> gmake: *** [all] Error 2
>

> Could you be so kind and review my patch attached to
> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/2957 and commit it to head
> and your new build system branch?

I've pushed a patch that should fix it differently to HEAD and NBS:

Fri Jan 23 18:00:15 GMT 2009  Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>
  * Make the libffi patch files portable
  Solaris's patch can't apply them if the lines beginning "---" aren't
  preceeded by a "diff -ur foo bar" line.

I'll push a patch along the lines of yours to NBS too, because it looks
like it's a sensible thing to do anyway.

Thanks
Ian